Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Pregnancy Now

I experienced being pregnant but I don't have a vivid recollection of the first trimester, first kick and generally the whole feeling. All I remember is that I liked chicken curry and I always ate it for lunch at school. Yes, my first pregnancy was when I was still in college so that means I was an immature and penniless parent-to-be. Nonetheless, I don't regret experiencing it all, I love my daughter so much and she's the reason why I worked so hard, the reason why I am still sanely living.

The pregnancy now is different, since I have the experience of a mom, I have the choice to make this phase comfortable in any way and I have the means to acquire what I think is practical and best for my baby. More importantly, what I have now are people who are truly a blessing in this lifetime:
  • Friends around the world who's always available to comfort me when I feel I'm at my lowest.
  • My family who takes care of me when I feel so immobile
  • Husband who gets me around so I will feel comfortable going to where I should be
  • In laws who never fails to remember me and ask for my condition
  • Bosses who understands my situation and let's me leave work so I can take care of my little one
  • Co-workers who covers for me at work so things will be business as usual
I couldn't ask for more. It's love all over the place, in different forms. The stress and depression the last 2 days served me well and I must say its more than the husband not telling the wife he misses her. It's something within. I have to experience everything so I can pick myself up, the sad part was I never realized I was drowning until now.

I am glad I talked to wise friends to remind me of who I am: a strong, independent, smart and loving individual. I miss that, I miss me. Now it's time to get her back.

The blog is titled with the 3 Ls anyway, so let's start laughin', lovin and live life the way we should.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to remember not to take all the emotions we feel seriously, but it would really serve us well to be aware of what our hormones can do to our disposition at this time. Looking back at my first pregnancy, I just have to laugh at all the drama, sheepish in the knowledge that it was mostly hormones, lol

    ReplyDelete