Thursday, April 7, 2011

and its....

I was set to fly to Sydney Australia this 6th of April, unfortunately since monday (April 4) I've been experiencing minor cramps and brownish discharge. I rested early monday night, thinking that it might only be a stressful day, I was praying and hoping that the discharge will go away the next day. Early tuesday morning, I did not see anything unusual and the cramps were gone but around mid day there are still spots of brownish discharge. Since I will be having a long trip the next day, I sent an SMS to my OB and she requested to see me immediately.

I went to MMC and upon reaching her clinic Dra. Mae's assistant gave me a request for pelvic ultrasound. Oh no! Another ultrasound! I was thinking of another expense, this is the 3rd time already! I really wanted to wait though the OB Sonologists are on lunch break, seems like one doctor and admin who was there took pity on me and had me up next. I was so thankful, it is yet another simple blessing from above.

During the ultrasound, I made it to a point to have a chit chat with the OB Sonologist and her assistant to keep me calm since hubby was not there and it just feels right to bond with the people who takes care of you for that moment. As I was telling them of my past pregnancy experience, kids and how hubby and I badly wanted a boy, the doctor said "o eto BOY" and I was "HA?!!", "Ayan o" as she showed me the monitor, I had a hard time seeing it though since there's a glare of light bouncing back to the screen and as if I would really recognize. I was really surprised because I didn't expect that at this early they'll be able to see the gender but through research I found out that even at 13 weeks if it's a boy, the baby's gender will be prominent.

But I had to make sure! So I asked the doctor again, "are you sure boy sya talaga?" she checked again and told me "Ayan o naka erect pa!". I just laughed at how my baby showed his thingy to the doctor. Here's the photos the OB gave me:
My Baby BOY Asher Cassiel (tentative name)

He is really growing fast, look at him at 15 weeks!

Though I was advised to stay home, yes another week of bed rest, I'm overwhelmed with happiness to find out the baby's gender so is my husband. He even forgot our expenses for the trip due to the cancellation. It was really an answered prayer, all the trip to Baclaran and Manaoag was all worth it. Now, my next wish for him is he will be healthy and strong when he comes out to this world. With prayers and faith in God, I know he will be.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, too bad about the canceled trip down under, but your health (and the baby's) is more important. Congrats on getting the gender that you want! Mark and I don't really have a preference although I'm thinking of Midge's old stuff. It would be nice if the clothes could be used again. :)

    ReplyDelete