Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Preggy Update: Week 12

From this week onwards, I'm planning to document my pregnancy progress. Why? Because I want to know how disastrous I look now than a few months back, hehehe but kidding aside it's just nice to keep track of how a person transforms from a nauseas, grumpy to a jolly mommy-to-be and i hope that these experiences may also help other expecting women. So here goes...

As of March 22, 2011 (Rina's birthday, Happy Birthday Mare! - plugging)

Weight Watch
Height: 5.5"
Weight: 147lbs
Tummy line: 40 inches lower abs

I know it's not a nice sight at this stage, I feel that I'm bigger than the normal pregnancy size but having this experience, a baby growing inside me is simply amazing. So all I do is just sigh that thought away and think of the next few weeks when I can actually feel the baby's kick and response whenever I talk or touch him.

The weight actually is a complimenting story, well I'm nearing the heavy side of my height and weight chart, women my height with large frames has 137-155 minimum and maximum limit. I'm not yet on my 6th month and yet I'm close to that, well another thought to sigh away, the baby needs all the nutrients he needs but ok, at times I'm really guilty of giving in to some unhealthy pleasures especially when I feel bloated, blame the chocolates! I know it's another excuse, but what can I do... it really helps!

How do I feel this week?
  1. This week I feel happy because I have passed the 1st Trimester and is saying hello to 2nd Trimester.
  2. I am hoping that the bloated and vomit-y feeling, nausea and food aversions will slowly turn their back on me while waving goodbye. Fact is, I still feel the morning sickness but I must admit that its much less than before.
  3. I still experience headaches which usually goes with a difficulty to sleep even when all communications are off.
  4. I see a thin line of linea negra forming, I thought this is too early.
  5. My energy level is yet fully be seen, I think right now she's just 50% here, I really miss her and I hope to see the 100% soon!
What do I plan to improve? Do?
Ever since I knew I'm pregnant, I really told myself that I would like to retain the slightly slim body with the growing bump. Unfortunately, that's not my destiny. But as the morning sickness starts to wear off I would really want to push myself to eat right. I'm still taking a lot of veggies and at times fruits but again guilty as charged for unhealthy food surrounding me. Like, I can't let go of the iced as in lots of ice in my juice, again it does help in soothing the vomit-y feeling.

Tomorrow is my 13th week, what will change? Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just want to say a late "thank you" for your well wishes for my pregnancy. Had to go on a blogging hiatus, thanks to first trimester woes. God bless!

    ReplyDelete