Monday, March 7, 2011

Mommy, you need a break!

Last Tuesday (March 1) I was experiencing pain in my lower abs, it was quite tolerable though I was a bit wary on my discharge but since I don't see anything unusual yet I still went on with my usual routine. Around late afternoon, I saw a red dot, just one small red dot but I panicked! I called my hubby immediately, almost teary eyed, and told him what I saw. He too felt scared, he asked me to call my OB-GYNE ASAP. The doctor asked me to take Duphaston and Isoxillan, and see her the next day.

My OB, Dra. Mae Syki-Young is the 4th doctor I met after we confirmed I was pregnant. I was looking for this OB who I can connect and be comfortable with. Dra. Mae, was actually referred by my boss, his wife is also pregnant and he's been giving me good feedback about her, so I tried seeing her then. Dra. Mae has a lot of patients in her Makati Medical Center (MMC) Clinic, as in the first time I went there, I was patient number 26! Talk about long waiting lines huh! She is also an accredited OB in Intellicare, which makes it even better for me. The first time I came to her, I immediately felt comfortable, she's not rushing the check up though she still has a lot of patients to see and even if I'm a health card member referral. She looks very elegant but talks to you in a relaxing manner, more like chikahan type of voice.

So the next day, when I went to see Dra. Mae I showed her the photos of the red spot, I made sure that I took a photo to make her see what really transpired, she confirmed that its blood. She requested to have our Transvaginal Sonography (TVS) or ultrasound immediately to check how the baby is doing. The TVS cost at MMC is around Php 2330.

Here's the result of the TVS, my baby has a human form already, like my mom said "tao na sya".

Waving at mommy and daddy, look at the hand.

look at me i'm super likot

I was teary eyed when I saw the baby, he's super active and keeps on moving his hands and feet. We just can't help but feel overwhelmed with happiness seeing our almost 1.5 inches baby waving at us. The result of the TVS was all good, but still Dra. Mae wants to ensure the safety of the baby since I'm still on my first trimester. The cause? Probably stress, exhaustion or merely plain sensitive cervix, it can be any and all of the above. So I just agreed on the 1 week bed rest, no going out of the house and no shopping! I'm on my 6th day today and I think/feel that everything is going to be fine.

2 comments:

  1. He/She confirmed, am so out of the loop?

    Re: searching OB, I remembered so Becky Bloomwood :) Happy that you found the right one for yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dra. mae syki-young is the best ob-gyn I ever had. Very patient and always a listening ear. If I would live in Manila again I would definitely stay with her!!

    ReplyDelete